Right at Home Housing Society has been invited by the Holy Trinity Riverbend Anglican Church to develop a family-oriented, mixed-income housing development on their property located in the Terwillegar neighbourhood. We are at the initial planning stages of this project.
Holy Trinity Riverbend Mixed-Market Family Housing
The current concept plan includes 154 units, with a majority 2 and 3+ bedroom units. The housing will be focused on families, with some units provided for seniors. In addition to housing, the site will have a worship and community space, and other community amenities like a daycare and cafe. Outdoor greenspace and areas for community gardens will be provided. There is currently one parking space per unit, and 50 stalls for the worship and community space.
The project will be operated using a mixed income model. This means that about 25% of the units will be provided at below market rental rates to meet the needs of families and individuals on lower income. The other 75% will be offered at market rental rates. This mix allows the project to be self-sustaining with no need for on-going government subsidies.
The design process is at an early stage and we’re interested to hear from community members about other amenities that are needed in the area that could be incorporated on site. After our meetings with the community, we will be hiring a team to complete the designs for the site, including traffic and parking impact assessments. These designs will then be submitted for a development permit. The project would then be able to start construction in 2020.
We invite you to join us on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 for an open house to learn more about our vision for the site.
Come with your questions about the project and ideas about how Right at Home can be the best neighbour possible!
Time: 7pm doors open, presentation at 7:30pm
Location: Holy Trinity Riverbend Anglican Church (1428 156 St)
Light refreshments will be served.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch – firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-423-1339